Our school’s pedagogy reflects the overarching principles and approach to learning outlined in the Sydney Catholic Schools’ Statement on Authentic Learning. By connecting to the real world of students’ lives, authentic learning enables students to become lifelong learners who contribute to society and the wider world as active and discerning citizens. Authentic learning is central to our work as Catholic educators because it promotes the continual growth and wellbeing of the whole person; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
Vision For Learning
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Riverwood, we open our hearts and minds to learning by being
ACTIVE, COLLABORATIVE and CREATIVE learners.
To be an ACTIVE learner, I will:
- strive to reach my potential
- become a critical thinker
- take ownership of my learning
To be a COLLABORATIVE learner, I will:
- share with others
- listen to and respect ideas of others
- work as a team player
To be a CREATIVE learner, I will:
- contribute my own ideas and value those of others
- use opportunities to be creative in my thinking
- persist with tasks that are challenging